My workout Saturday was supposed to be a 6 mile run so I didn’t have to take my running shoes to Washington with me but it was raining too hard so I lifted instead.
- Crunches holding on to the window ledge (no weight) – one set 100 reps
- Side crunches – 3 sets of 10 reps each side
- Assisted pull-ups – 3 sets of 10
- Assisted dips – 3 sets of 10
- Squats with 15 lb body bar – one set 100 reps
- Incline squat machine with 100 lbs of weights – four sets of 25 reps with 30 second hold at extension between
- Lat pull downs at 30 lbs – one set of 50 reps
- Triceps pull downs at 12.5 lbs – two sets of 50 reps
- Incline push-ups – 10 reps
100 Mondays are work outs in the gym that occur on Mondays and require one set of a 100 repetitions for every exercise.
- Squats with 10 lb body bar
- Squats holding 25 lb weight between legs with feet pointed outward
- Lunges (each leg, alternating)
- Reverse crunches holding on to the window ledge with 6lb medicine ball under knees
- Hangstring crunches (feet on towel on a ledge and push/pull feet across while holding body weight up with arms)
- Dead lifts with 35 lb body bar
It’s been a few weeks since I really worked out at the gym. It’s strange since I didn’t plan to take a break but I think my body and mind needed one so it’s worked out. Some of the ladies I run with get together at 10am on Sunday mornings to do some circuit training. They’ve been begging me to come for a month or more and I finally decided to take them up on it.
The workout was broken into 3 circuits. Each circuit was completed 3 times with a couple minute rest in between. You pick the weights that are comfortable for you and do 12 to 15 reps of each exercise.
- Chest press – 12.5 lb dumbbells
- Kettle Ball Raises – 12 lb kettle ball
- O Ring Reverse Flies – body weight (These are O-rings that are suspended from the weight cage; you hold on and let your body weight hang and then pull yourself up to meet the rings)
- Ball & Box Planks – elbows rest on a SPRI Ball and your feet rest on a box while you hold for 30 second (or longer) planks
- Assisted Pull-Ups
- Hanging Leg Raises – using the black straps
- Bicep Curls – 25 lb bar
- Squat and Military Press – 12.5 lb dumbbells
- Burpees (or push-ups)
- Tricep Dips
- Reverse Row – 12.5 lb dumbbells
- Lawnmower swings – 12.5 lb dumbbell (squat with the dumbbell in right hand between knees, as you raise pull across your body with focus on your elbow leading the rest of your arms, extend arm all the way straight)
I also did three 1 minute regular planks and three sets of 15 leg raises while holding a 20 lb bar.
I’m looking forward to next week!
After working out with Brandon for almost a year I decided that I need to do something different. Not because I don’t loooove working out with him (because I do). Not because I don’t look forward to my sessions every week (because I do). Not because I’m not seeing progress (because I am). But because my bank account is straining and I need to be responsible.
For my last session we:
- Three different heigh boxes in a row (with weights on the bottom of them so they don’t move when you push on them) and then the 35 lb weight bar at one end – we did mountain climbers on the boxes and then squats with barbell presses with the weight bar – 2 minutes reps with 30 seconds rest in between for three rounds
- One legged squats (no weight) for 2 minutes each leg
- One legged stationary lunges with back foot on the window ledge holding either 25 lb, 10 lb, or 5 lb weights in each hand
- Three 2 minute sessions of jumping rope
- 1.5 minute elevated plank with feet on the window ledge
When I went to the bar for trivia after my workout, my friend and I decided to have a wall-sit competition since we were one chair short. So I did wall sits for 1:15 which killed my back. It’s Thursday and I’m still sore from this workout 🙂
So my Wednesday night workouts have move to Monday nights because I want to play summer league kickball with people from work so I managed to disrupt 4 other people’s lives to make it happen (mildly pathetic I know). I am super thankful to Brandon for being so flexible. Mondays from 6-7pm is definitely better than Wendesdays 8-9pm (and I don’t have an excuse not to go to run club at 6am on Thursdays anymore!).
Last night was going to be our first Monday night group session but no one else could make it but me so I ended up with a surprise one-on-one training session, my first in a couple months and it was amazing!! I was nasty sweaty within 10 minutes and am feeling a little sore today. 🙂
Here’s what I did:
- 9:30 minutes walking lunges on the treadmill (no weights)
- (3) 1 minute sets of planks with my ankles resting ove a piece of equipment rack
- 30 push-ups (regular, on the floor, no incline)
- (3) sets of 22 rep hex squats with 10 lb additional weight
- (3) sets of 15 lb body bar bicep curls for 2 minutes each set
- (3) sets of arm raises holding a 35 lb weight circle for 1 minute each set
I could barely drive my car home when I was finished and it felt so good!!