It’s been a few weeks since I really worked out at the gym. It’s strange since I didn’t plan to take a break but I think my body and mind needed one so it’s worked out. Some of the ladies I run with get together at 10am on Sunday mornings to do some circuit training. They’ve been begging me to come for a month or more and I finally decided to take them up on it.
The workout was broken into 3 circuits. Each circuit was completed 3 times with a couple minute rest in between. You pick the weights that are comfortable for you and do 12 to 15 reps of each exercise.
- Chest press – 12.5 lb dumbbells
- Kettle Ball Raises – 12 lb kettle ball
- O Ring Reverse Flies – body weight (These are O-rings that are suspended from the weight cage; you hold on and let your body weight hang and then pull yourself up to meet the rings)
- Ball & Box Planks – elbows rest on a SPRI Ball and your feet rest on a box while you hold for 30 second (or longer) planks
- Assisted Pull-Ups
- Hanging Leg Raises – using the black straps
- Bicep Curls – 25 lb bar
- Squat and Military Press – 12.5 lb dumbbells
- Burpees (or push-ups)
- Tricep Dips
- Reverse Row – 12.5 lb dumbbells
- Lawnmower swings – 12.5 lb dumbbell (squat with the dumbbell in right hand between knees, as you raise pull across your body with focus on your elbow leading the rest of your arms, extend arm all the way straight)
I also did three 1 minute regular planks and three sets of 15 leg raises while holding a 20 lb bar.
I’m looking forward to next week!